Pattern by JoAnne Hoffman Designs, 24" x 90"
Instructor - Kim Caskey email@example.com
Part I - Thursday, July 25th 6pm - 9pm
Part II - Saturday, August 3 10am - 4pm
Homework between classes will be required; Machine quilting/finishing to be done on your own.
This Beautiful wall statement, bed runner or table runner uses the popular Dream Big panel uniquely and innovatively. Alternatively, a wide variety of scraps can also be used to create the feathers. Create your feathers with precision and learn easy raw-edge fusible applique to apply the features to a whole cloth background.
Choose from the different binding/finishing techniques to give your piece the perfect finish.
Class 1: Prepare your fusible web with your feather pattern and fuse to your feather fabric. Learn proper cutting and organization techniques. No machine required for this class.
Class 2: Learn the raw-edge applique technique and free-motion stitching n a sample. Assemble your quilt top with the placement of your feather pieces on your background in prep for raw-edge applique. Discussion and examples of appropriate machine quilting designs. Demonstration of three different binding/finishing techniques.
- Available from the instructor at first class.
- Background & Binding - 2.3 meters at 45" WOF
- Feathers - 2 Dream Big panels or a variety of scraps (6 to 8 fat quarters)
- Backing - 2.5 meters at 45" WOF or .8m at 108" wide back.
- Practice - 1 fat quarter ~18"x20" light coloured quilting cotton (or fusible applique sample)
- 3 meters of Steam-A-Seam fusible web.
- Parchment paper or applique press sheet.
- Ultra-fine tip Sharpie marker.
- Straight pins, seam ripper, thread snips, empty bobbins (or cotton pre-wounds)
- 50wt cotton thread; colour should match your feather fabric.
- Top Stitch #80/14 for raw-edge applique or MicroTex sharp needles if you are using batiks.
- Please bring an open toe applique presser foot and extension bed along with anything else you require for your sewing machine.
Please contact Kim if you have any questions about the supply list.