FREE SHIPPING WITHIN CANADA ON ORDERS OVER $150 BEFORE TAX (WOO HOO!)
This is a special order item.
All efforts to expedite a special order will be taken. However, we cannot guarantee the item(s) will be in stock at Treenway Silks at the time the order is placed.
Please allow for a minimum of 14 business days once we have placed the order for it to leave Colorado, clear customs, and be delivered via Canada Post to our store. Please account for transit time when placing your order.
All orders will be placed the following Tuesday. We will contact you when your order arrives in store.
Our prices reflect conversation to fluctuating US exchange rate.
Judith Baker Montano and Treenway Silks collaborated in 2006 to create these stunning colorways.
Hand-painted by Treenway Silks in BC, Canada – colourfast. We use acid dyes with heat and then rinse until water runs clear. Wash in tepid or slightly warm water.
The silk is from the Bombyx mori silkworm, often referred to as "mulberry" silk.
Harmony — 100% Spun Silk — 6 strand floss; 10 yards
- equivalent in size and twist to cotton embroidery floss
- each of the individual 6 strands is a 2-ply thread for pleasurable stitching
- Harmony silk thread can easily be divided or “stranded.”
Serenity — 100% Reeled Silk — 8/2 silk thread; 10 yards
-thread size is between a #5 and #3 Perle
-this 2-ply thread has a bit softer twist than a typical Perle thread
-each of the 2-strands is comprised of many parallels, unbroken silk filaments
-the minimal twist keeping the silk filaments together, paired with the softer ply twist, gives this silk thread the most sheen and lustre of any of Treenway Silks’ threads
-can be divided (with care, as the silk filaments can separate from one another, especially in dry climates)
Tranquillity — 100% Reeled Silk — fine cord; 10 yards
- equivalent in size and twist to Victorian Buttonhole Twist
- thread size is between a #8 and #12 Perle
- has a tight twist, giving a “cord” appearance
- each of the 3-strands has more than 70 parallel, unbroken silk filaments
- The minimal twist keeping the silk filaments together gives this silk thread more sheen and lustre than the spun silk threads Harmony and Zen Shin. The tight ply twist makes it less lustrous than Serenity
- can be divided (with care, as the silk filaments can separate from one another, especially in dry climates)
Treenway Silks’ Ribbons
- All widths of Treenway Silk's ribbons are woven with selvage edges. The selvage edge can hold up to stitching on fabric or being pulled through a large-count canvas.
- The silk used is the highest quality reeled silk, which still has the sericin in it. The sericin acts as a natural sizing.
- The warp (length-wise) threads are two strands of fine silk which are twisted together. There are 300 fine warp threads per inch.
- The weft (crosswise threads) is a single silk strand.
- The ribbon is woven in plain weave, where the weft thread goes over and under each individual warp thread, all the way across the ribbon, giving a strong, stable ribbon.