Third Weekend In October Class
Third Weekend In October Class
Low stock: 2 left
The price of the kit is your admission into the class.
When: October 7th, 21st and November 4th, 18th @ 10am to Noon.
Experience the lustre of the Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons gently falling amongst the Classics! The Third Weekend in October kit promises to challenge anyone looking to learn, grow and sharpen their quilting skills.
Finished Size: King Size Quilt 85" x 110" (2.16m x 2.79m)
Techniques: Innovative Foundation Piecing, Half Square Triangles, Pieced
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Here is why this king-size project is for you!
- Perfect for advanced beginners to enthusiasts.
- Long-term project teaching colour placement, foundation piecing and growing your love for patchwork.
- Skill builder to challenge your creativity and/or use to master colour theory.
- Subliminally teaches you about the impressive beauty and colour brilliance of using Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons in your work. You will fall in love and be a Shot Cotton fan for life.
- Randomly cut fabrics allow you to use the beauty and colour of fabric to create unique Kaffe Fassett leaves. Fussy-cutting is not required.
- Create in individual units, worked in 9-Patch segments. Rows sew nicely together.
- FreeSpirit to provide Third Weekend in October Facebook group, creating a community to share progress and technical guidance for innovative foundation piecing and tips.
- There are 57 beautiful Kaffe Fassett Collective Fabrics and Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons.
- Third Weekend in October Pattern by Ruth Powers.
- Fabric key and large plotting graph (20" x 24") to recreate this beautiful fall scene.
- Forty pages of pre-printed translucent foundation paper for immediate sewing - no photocopying required.
- Binding fabric.
- Backing fabric NOT included.
Trapunto is a safe, inclusive, and welcoming space for all. To ensure that our standards of behaviour are met we reserve the right to ask anyone to change their behaviour or leave if making disparaging, discriminatory, or damaging remarks, or making anyone in our space feel unwelcome or unsafe.
- All classes begin on time; please arrive a few minutes early to set up your work area and to purchase any last-minute supplies.
- Out of courtesy for the instructor and your fellow students, we ask that you turn your cell phone on silent.
- Due to the health and allergy concerns from exposure to scented products, please refrain from wearing scented products such as perfume, hand lotion, body spray, etc.
- Full-day classes do not include lunch. We have a kitchen for you to use with mugs, fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee maker, and water cooler. Please feel free to bring your lunch, store it in the fridge, and make yourself a cuppa.
- Please feel free to park in the lot behind the building. There are no parking fees, nor time limits. There are also plug-ins that you may use in the colder months.
- To guarantee your place in a class payment must be made at the time of registration. You may register through our website or over the phone with a credit card.
- We will ask for your email and phone number so we can keep in touch regarding your class and any changes regarding it.
- our classes have a maximum of eight (8) students.
- individual, height adjustable tables that are large enough for individual cutting stations.
- arms-free, padded chairs on castors.
- individual design boards.
- power outlet and power bar for all your needs.
- Pressing station.
- Free use of our counters as well as any rulers, rotary cutters, or any other tools you may need.
Minimum registration: In order for a class to run, we require a minimum of four students enrolled. We reserve the right to cancel a class if we do not get the minimum registration needed. In the rare event we need to cancel a class you are registered in, you will receive a notice of cancellation and full refund of the fees paid.
When you register, you will be able to download a copy of your supply list.
One week prior to the class date you will receive an email reminding you of your class, that email will also include the supply list in case it is buried in your downloads folder.
Please don't buy your supplies until that confirmation email is sent. Once you have the green light, please purchase all fabric, notions and tools prior to your class so you can get started on time.
You are never obligated to purchase supplies from us. If you have supplies at home, please bring them! We encourage you to use what you have. If you do purchase supplies for your class from us, there will be a 10% discount to your class-supply purchase. Woo hoo!
Due to copyright laws, class participants are required to have the pattern or book if applicable. We will indicate if a pattern or book is included in the class fee.
If you cannot attend, please give us a minimum of one week's notice. This will give us time to try and fill your place or, feel free to send a friend. Just let us know.
Cancellations made less than one week before the class start date will forfeit their registration fee unless we are able to fill your spot. We want to ensure that our teachers are compensated for their time and work, and allow students on the waitlist the opportunity to attend. No-shows forfeit any claim to refund.